Monday, January 5, 2009

QUIETNESS

AWEEE! I usually do not welcome Monday mornings but I did today and BOY was it a good day.

All the kids were back at school, Todd made it back into work, extended family left just this morning and I had the house to myself. The best part of it all, was that I had NOT ONE THING to clean in the house! Well, let me restate that as, the house is as clean and organized as it can be for the time being! HA!

The day was a very cold and icy day......so no need to go out for a walk or to work on the flowerbeds or run errands. And no need to run to the grocery store because to be quite honest with you, the roads are really too bad be driving on if you don't HAVE to be driving.

I could have gone into work..........but WHY, if I have the flexibility to work from home. So that is exactly what I did today. I stayed right in my home, in the quietness, in the warmth, in the cleanliness, and worked. I spent much time in prayer and study, too. And boy did it feel good to have this time alone and undisturbed.

Well, it was good while it lasted. I now have 3 kids surrounding me with homework assignments, rumbly tummies, and basketball practice schedules.

Happy Monday:-)

No comments: