Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Change

This morning I poured my heart out in a lovely little email to my husband! HAHA! You know the type of email I am talking about...the one where you should have reread it or let it sit in your inbox a day or two before you decided to send it! HAHA!

I had just got through watching some of the BIGGEST LOSER while folding laundry and then I found myself madder than a hornet! I was mad at myself, made at Todd, and mad at our nation for selling fast foods!

So in short, I typed an email to send to my husband to vent my anger. I really wasn't angry.....I just wanted to prevent being angry later! (so that's how I am justifying sending the email:-) Anyhow-I have lost weight for the SECOND TIME in our marriage. I am 45lbs down..with only a few lbs left until my goal weight. I am a running maniac. And I am running in my first half marathon this weekend. But in the meantime, while I am eating right and exercising. I am feeding my family JUNK. My kids do exercise alot, but still....how will they ever learn to eat right if I don't teach them. And then, I was also upset because Todd, my handsome husband, had yet to jump on the bandwagon with me on this new healthy lifestyle. This leads me to see that I am setting SOMEONE up for failure in my family..... Either I will fail AGAIN and gain weight because of my surroundings OR worst off, my kids will not learn the value of a healthy lifestyle....OR even worst, my husband may die at an early age leaving me alone with 3 kids asking WHY?

So....that in a nutshell was what I typed out to my sweet husband today (but mucccchhhhh lonnnngggggeeeerrrr).

Here is a quote I found today...and it fits so well.
"Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts."

No comments: