Saturday, May 2, 2009

Blame it on the Rain!!!.....No Blame it on the Swine Flu!

This has been an unusual spring week for us here in the Turner household. We have not had one practice, game, or many extra curricular activities. We started the week with rain....and we are ending it with rain too! I won't complain too much as it is welcomed and usually always needed here in Texas. So due to rain...we had 2 games and 3 practices called off.

But we also had field trips canceled this week, along with 4 other games, 3 other practices, etc. But this wasn't because of rain (even though it is raining). It was because of SWINE FLU!

I am not sure what to think about this illness?? At first I was mad due to all the cancellations and hype of this stuff. I mean, we are closing schools (not Gunter YET), cancelling all after school programs (GUNTER HAS DONE), and such due to the this flu. My immediate reaction is SO WHAT??? We have several thousands die each year due to the "normal" flu, and they say our medicines are reacting...so what's the big deal?

Well now 3 days later, I am a bit more concerned....wait, no confused! Seems as though this SWINE FLU could be some serious stuff.... I think it is because they just aren't sure of what it is. My issue with this situation is how and why do they suddenly react this way. There has to be "something" that they are not telling us about this illness!

I get that yes, it can spread quickly and they are not sure the medicines will work after all....

I am glad we are taking precautions...I just wish we had more answers!

Next week could be even more interesting! I hear Celina may have a case??? If so, I may have Gabe home all week?!?! Will it get worse, or is it just being cautions. I am not sure. But I will be praying about it!

Kind of scary when you don't really know what you are dealing with.....

No comments: