Sunday, January 23, 2011

Flu Attacks Us....and saved me for LAST!!!

Two weeks ago my middle child Zander spent three days sleeping. He had a low grade fever but for the most part, he just slept. What really made me realize he was sick, was we had a Texas SNOW DAY! And he didn't even attempt to go outside. I took him to the doctor. They did strep, mono, and flu test. None came back positive! The next day, Gabe (my youngest) got the same thing....then Addie and then Todd, and then ME!!!
I was at a training conference with several of my church peers. But I felt so tired, started getting antsy legs, and then the chills. I came straight home that evening and went to bed at 7:00pm. That was Thursday evening! I am just now waking up on Sunday afternoon!!! And I am not evening kidding!!!
Now, I will admit, my husband called the doctor for me to get some medicine. And I really think the medicine might have been half of my battle. I felt so DRUGGED, dizzy, lightheaded, thirsty, dry lips (no matter how much I drank), a little nauseated, etc..... So today I got up....still drugged like and decided NOT to take the medicine. I have had one little nap but I woke up feeling somewhat refreshed! HA! I also managed to get out of the house and go for a short walk down the street....for fresh air!
It's been brutal to say the least, but I really feel like I am on the mends! Now I must play CATCH UP on all I have missed the last few days! HA!

No comments: