Sunday, January 30, 2011

Daily Scriptures

"See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns from God, but encourage one another, daily, as long at it is called today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness. " Hebrews 3: 12,13

I can't tell you how often I have prayed to ask God to help me draw closer to him by pulling me into His Word. As a Christian, I am really good at doing Bible Studies, preparing children's lessons, and doing devotionals. But what I struggle the most with is just DIGGING IN and letting God reveal what He wants to reveal without the "structure" of some kind of homework!

But did you notice how I started my blog off with a scripture? This is my weekly MEMORY VERSE from my First Place 4 Health Bible Study! Yes, I am still using the "structure" of Bible Study homework. But for some reason, this study is just grabbing me! It's got me excited for each new day....anticipating what I will learn next? It's not that I am learning anything NEW.....but it's the way the Word has made me stop to think.....and I find myself really meditating on the words of the scriptures!

I am not sure what God is preparing my heart for.....but I can tell He is up to something??? I treasure my daily time with Him....and look forward to telling you exactly what He is up to....soon!!!!!

No comments: