Wednesday, June 23, 2010

"Blessed"

The last couple of days I have been preparing for our next SUMMER SUNDAY LESSON for the Children's Ministry! As I was studying and preparing....I was reminded of how God's Word, even through a more simplified study, applies and speaks to me! This was God speaking and today I heard him loud and clear!

The good news...it wasn't one of those times where God got my attention, where I immediately knew I was sinning, or doing something wrong....

Instead, this time I was told to STOP-REFLECT-MEDITATE! How "JoYoUs" it was that I listened to God and actually took the time to see what He wanted me to see!

This week's SUNDAY lesson we will learn about THE SERMON ON THE MOUNT---or the BEATITUDES(Luke 6:21-26). We will study MANY things in this lesson, but what really stuck out to me this time was the word "BLESSED".

In one of the activities we will ask our kids to reread the scriptures to substitute "HAPPY" for the word "BLESSED". For some reason, when I went back to do this....I found myself at peace...and smiling! It felt good! These scriptures are promised blessings or happiness that Jesus made for the people who have unfair situations!

When I started rereading the scriptures and thinking of all the unfairness in my life or in the lives of others whom I love around me.....it really started to sink in! WOW! I am BLESSED! I am HAPPY!

Ten "Blessed" or "Happies" that I thanked God for today!
1. Happy am I that I am God's.
2. Happy am I that I am not rich in money or earthly possessions...but I am rich in God's love!
3. Happy am I that I have a mom who is healing after a cancer scare.
4. Happy am I that my babies are healthy and always near (and who like being near me)
5. Happy am I that I see that God has chosen me! It has been made clear to me after my last trip to Israel, that He has always chosen me!!! WOW! Just took me 34.5years to see it!
6. Happy am I that I am learning more and more each day that I can be comfortable and not be ashamed of being God's workmanship!
7. Happy am I that I choose to live my life to glorify my good God!
8. Happy am I that I have a best friend who is my husband!
9. Happy am I that I was chosen to study these scriptures this week:-)
10. Happy am I that this list will never really end.............

I am "blessed" and that makes me happy! Thank you Jesus for your promises!!!

No comments: